Monday, July 27, 2009

Savage Cove Rocks III


I can't seem to leave this rock alone and wanted to try it in oils. I made a start on it tonight and this is about an hour's worth of painting. The lighting is unique and quite bright though not in sun. The day was very foggy and the horizon merged with the sea. The shadow of the steep rock face and the smaller sheared off rock were the only real contrasts in the brightness.

The other versions of this rock are here and here.

I have visitors for a few days as of tomorrow, so I may not be able to do as much as I hoped but there will be updates as and when I can.

5 comments:

vivien said...

looking good - I love those high viewpoints of the sea and rocks

Anonymous said...

I like how the texture adds to the piece, too!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Yes, I like that vantage point too, sort of like the seagull's view :)

Tracy, this was a painting that I didn't like much so I gessoed the surface roughly then just painted over it. I like that rough look too.

Maree said...

Hi Jeanette, as I was awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award by Crista from Nature As Is (http://nature-as-is.blogspot.com) I, in turn, have to state 7 things about myself and nominate 7 blogs of my choice, I have chosen to nominate you as one of my inspirational fellow-bloggers. Go to
http://artandcreativity-maree.blogspot.com/2009/07/blogger-award.html view the post.

Regards

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Maree, I have done similar memes in the past and will try to come up with 7 more things about me that people don't know yet!

Anonymous comments I am very wary of and usually are spam or unsolicited advertising and most often removed.
I'll check out this link and see what is being pushed at me.

Geraldo, thank you. I visited your site and your sketches are just wonderful. I love the glimpses of life and colour that you have provided. Well done. I shall be back there again soon.