Thursday, November 02, 2006

Colours

Some of the trees in the garden are reluctant to give up their leaves while others are waiting for a hint of a breeze the shake them loose. This mix of maple and mountain ash trees surround the entrance to the fenced in section of the garden at the back of the house. Its a little oasis in a large area and was constructed for the dog to keep him contained from running in the woods and getting lost or hurt.

I liked the way the leaves and branch draped almost like arms and the mix of colours was so appealing, leading the eye to the hydrangea in the background. The early morning light catching the tops of the golden trees looks wonderful and highlights the colours so well.

I am hoping to catch up on some drawing as while teaching and with a busy few weeks at work, I haven't had much time for anything more than simple sketches. I rediscovered a sketch that I had started a year ago. It was done in pen and ink, a stipple technique, which while time consuming, is very effective. Now if I can only find the reference image again, I will try completing it.

Technorati tags: , , , ,

No comments: