Monday, December 04, 2006

No, I will


I'm such a wuss. A real pushover. I say no and I never mean it. I think no and and I say yes. I always do it. Then mentally kick myself because I don't have time or energy. But I always manage to do it.

Do what you ask? Take on a freebie drawing this close to Christmas.

I promised a friend that I would draw a portrait of her grandson who's about 18 months old. This is the draft sketch that I fit in at lunch time - pardon the salad dressing. Its freehand done from a cute reference that actually was good and clear for a change. That is a rare thing for commissioned work - to get a good image to work with! The boy was wearing his Halloween costume. He was a cow. Yes folks, I'm drawing a baby cow. And I'm doing it for free.

It must be Christmas.

Technorati tags: , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Billie Crain said...

you're like me Jeanette in that we can be full of contradictions. lol who can turn down something like this in good conscience...especially at Xmas!:-)btw, that's a darn good freehand sketch!