Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Nicky & Rosie



I've catalogued more old drawings - those from life classes in the early 80s in England. Its interesting to go back and see what was drawn, who, how, etc. I remember all the models well and became one myself, working on both sides of easel. It was an interesting experience, if not somewhat chilly at times. I'm still looking for a good life class locally that's held outside working hours.

We would start out with short poses, sometimes as brief as 20 or 30 seconds, moving on in length til the main pose was decided upon which would last an hour, then we would change again, either places or the model would change position.

The advantage of having been the model was that I could see if the person was getting tired of the position and needed a break or was simply bored out of their mind and needed more conversation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice drawings!