Sunday, August 26, 2007

ATC

I am doing an ATC swap with another artist, Jeanne Grant, even though I'm in the midst of a trade online right now. Jeanne mentioned that she'd like to to have something of mine, especially my cat Tripod, so I agreed and did this little card yesterday. It's watercolour and a touch of colour pencil. The blue ear? Well, let's call it artistic license and the unpredictability of watercolours.

Tripod likes to get involved when I draw, making it near impossible to do much when he is around, so I retreat to my studio upstairs and he gives me a little space then - well sometimes.

Jeanne has done a beautiful card for me in return of one of her dogs, Friday, as a puppy. It will be wonderful to receive this ATC and see it in real life.

I'm still practicing with working in such small sizes and do find it difficult to be accurate and realistic. I think the more practice the better for these, but I don't think I could constantly do them, the tiny size would become too frustrating and my need for space would overcome. However, it is an interesting challenge to see what I can fit into the 2.5 x 3.5 space.

3 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

I love it. But I knew I would. Good job. And that adoring look he gives you. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work; look forward to see you do more practice (though it doesn't look as though you need it!).

"JeanneG" said...

Jeanette your ATC went in the mail today also. 8-27