Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring

Cherry Spring
6 x 6 Canson
copyright Jeanette Jobson


I so often work in monotone and as a rule I love it. But I craved some colour. Perhaps it was the snow day yesterday that flattened my vision of spring for another few weeks but sparked my need to put something bright on paper.

This is a 6 x 6 piece done in coloured pencil on Canson paper. The cherry is my throwback to realizm and the background - well I'm not sure quite what the background is or even if it is finished yet. The background has an abstract feel to it, which is far removed from what I usually do. But the colours pop and create my own version of spring.

7 comments:

MMG said...

Nice colors!

Tracy Wall said...

Bring on the color!

Hope you get a ray of sunshine soon. I've been inspired by a little tast of spring lately here in Colorado. Here's to it's arrival in your neck of the woods!

Tracy Wall said...

.....oh, and love the shiny cheery cherry!

Billie Crain said...

i'm liking that wild bg! it really makes this cherry extra special.:)

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Marisa.

Another snowstorm due tomorrow! Arggggggghhhh!!! I need to draw more spring colours! Or perhaps that's the jinx??

The background just happened Billie. I just kept adding to it and hoped it would work.

Cathy Gatland said...

What a gorgeous cherry - you carry your sunshine with you!

Anonymous said...

I really like this, the background works well and is funky mix of colour...sets the cherry off nicely.