Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Cosmos - finished & Tripod

White Cosmos
Coloured pencil on Bristol Vellum 9 x 12
copyright Jeanette Jobson


This is a close up of the area that was torn. Its the area immediately to the right of the middle sepal of the flower. Its virtual unnoticeable now thanks to some great advice from Teresa Mallen and others on how to repair it.

Finally, a view of the piece from about 6 feet away. We always see images close up on computers, but not as often from the appropriate viewing point. This gives a better idea of the colours, but is still a little pale.

And now for all the Tripod fans out there, his very own video. This was taken yesterday in the front yard, Tripod proving that disabled or not he can still catch pretty well and is really part dog. Ok, sort of. When he's in the mood. And its not too warm. If he's had enough tuna.

Never work with children or animals....



Enjoy!

11 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Oh Jeanette thanks so much. That was so fun. Nice to see him run, and he can really run fast. Nice to see your place and hear your voice also. I expected to hear an accent. Thanks again and waiting for the next one.

Robert Hiscock said...

Love the drawing, I think you're right -- it's nice to get an across the room view rather than the close-ups we see on the web.

PS. Tripod's pretty cute, too.

Rose Welty said...

Jeanette,

Loved seeing Tripod and your yard!

The cosmos came out beautifully, lovely texture to the background.

Gayle Mason said...

I loved seeing Tripod, he's as good as my dogs at fetching the ball. They run in the general direction of the ball but only one will pick it up.
I like how delicate the background to your Cosmos is, it focuses attention on the flower.

Jeanette Jobson said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Jeanne. He can move fast when he wants to or act the cripple when he thinks he'll get sympathy. :)

Thanks Robert. I believe seeing a drawing at a distance gives us a better idea of what it really looks like.

THe yard's a bit of a mess right now as summer hasn't arrived but you get the idea of where I am. In the woods! I'm happy with the background, its not too obtrusive.

Gayle, Tripod, who came here from living wild in woods, is, I swear, a reincarnation of my old dog and cat who are buried there. He's unique. :)

Yes, I wanted the flower to be the focal point so I hoped that would work.

Jennifer Rose said...

The flower turned out wonderful :)

lol at Tripod! Nice thing to have on video. My friend's 3 legged dog can run faster than her 4 legged dog. Leaves him in dust :p

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Jeanette, I am so glad the repair job worked!!

The finished work is lovely. Thanks for showing us the 'further away' picture.

No wonder Tripod has fans, he is a cutie!

Surely after this piece you are starting to warm up to flowers!?! :-) Okay, maybe not...

I look forward to seeing your next project!

Gina Cuff said...

Beautiful work Jeanette!

Jo Castillo said...

For someone that doesn't do flowers, this is just gorgeous. Nice repair job.

I watched the video with no sound, so when I read it had sound I had to watch again, duh.... Cute cat.

Billie Crain said...

i love the video of Tripod! if i didn't know it i would never have guessed he only has three legs. what a cat........

Jeanette, your flower is wonderful! i hope it won't be your last.

Laurel Neustadter said...

Cosmos is beautiful! I love the wide range of subtle colors you achieve.