Monday, April 26, 2010

An aquatic circle


 
I'm having a little break from drawing  beads and have been working on a piece that's been in my head for ages.

I've tried endless subject matter and compositions and think that I may have what I was thinking of finally.  Of course it could all change again.  My plans are to execute it in watercolour.  Its on 300lb Arches paper, measuring 11 x 15.  The circle that makes up the drawing is 8.5 inches in diameter.

Its strange how we get something in our heads, but can't quite make the connection onto paper sometimes.  Fish, water, movement and connection through the seaweed binding the fish.  Yes, there is symbolism there.  No I won't tell you what, that down to you to decide.

5 comments:

Teresa Mallen said...

I love this already! You have a definite way with fish. :-) I love the whole notion of fish, water, movement and connection. This will look fabulous done in watercolour! Can't wait to see it develop...

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Teresa. I like drawing fish, there's something about the lines and curves that appeals to me.

Gretel said...

Looks beautiful so far...can't wait to see it finished!

A Brush with Color said...

It's beautiful, Jeanette, as always!

Unknown said...

This is a lovely start to what I'm sure will be a great watercolour. I've had a similar thing in my head for a while, trying to figure out how to do it as a reductino linocut.