Saturday, April 10, 2010

Takeover plans



I'll call this study complete and consider the final composition for a larger piece.  I bought some large sheets of coloured mi-tientes paper today as stock was low.  Finding alternate coloured papers locally is difficult if not impossible, so if I run out, mi-tientes is my fall back paper until I can reorder online.

I need to reorganize the paper storage for my studio.  Right now its all sitting on top of a large shelving unit.  While that's ok for keeping it flat, it makes it more difficult when it comes time to actually find papers, so I end up hauling out everything to find just one piece.  More storage space is the answer and I do have my eye on expansion of my studio or at least expansion of some storage areas in the room adjacent to the studio. 

Where my studio is located is on the ground level floor of the house, well partially ground level.  At least the windows to the studio are at ground level, the walls beneath the windows are subterranean and a direct entry 3 or 4 steps down from ground level.   Beside the studio there is a large areas where laundry is located, then a utility room, a cold room for food storage and a half bathroom.  By taking over the utility room, it gives me a whole new area to isolate storage or to provide classroom space.

I'll just have to slowly take over the space so others don't complain too much...

5 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

How beautiful and serene this piece is, and I enjoyed seeing it take shape in the past posts. The portrait of your mother is coming along nicely, too.

Sydney Harper said...

I like this, and the portrait of your mother. This one has a nice composition.

Jennifer Rose said...

great job with the textures on the stones :) and the composition works really well as a bird's eye view

my paper is is the box it came in lol only thing big enough and flat enough to store it all without it get crumpled. just a pain to get it down from the tall shelf once and awhile. would love a proper studio one day (if we win the lotto lol)

Jan said...

You'll have to share any storage solutions with us. My large sheets are in the "monster" work table with the lift up tops that my husband made for me. It's a great design with a well-finished storage area but it's also a pain in the patootie to access since you have to move art supplies from the top to open it!

Know all about the gradual take-over policy - my DH did it to me with our master closet! (Oh, well, he's the clothes horse & I'm not!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.