Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Splash update


 Here's a small update of the wave painting that I'm currently working on.  One more session and I should be able to call it done I think.  I need to add some modelling to the wave and highlights to points of water where light hits. This is my first water based image of the new year and the start of a series of pieces devoted to water, its reflections, movement and interaction with the land.

This is a bit 'chocolate box'-like for me I think.  Its perhaps too smooth and I'll experiment with a loose style over time til I reach the point where I feel comfortable with what I produce.  I see what I want in my head, but it doesn't always come out that way on canvas.  Also using acrylics for this limits me I think.  I'll pull out the oils for the next one and see if they loosen me up.

No comments: