Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pure Gold

  Pure Gold
3" x 5"   acrylic

Available for purchase here

A leftover gold foil wrapped chocolate was sitting in a bowl on the table, catching the light, so it seemed like a good idea for a painting.   These tiny chocolate drops made a fitting subject for a tiny canvas, this measuring just 3" x 5" and using the end of an acrylic palette.

Creating the tiny creases and shine from the foil is a challenge at this scale as detail isn't involved, more optical blending.  But I like the final result and may save a foil wrapped truffle from its fate a little longer to be preserved for posterity.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

That's wonderful! 3X5 is a challenge, you should try ACEO, 3.5X2.5 inches. I think you might find it intriguing.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Dianne. I have tried ACEO size and it makes me crazy. I can never fit what I want into such a tiny space. My very tiny pieces are few and far between. :)

RH Carpenter said...

This is a tiny little gem and I must commend you for 1) saving any chocolate and 2) painting it before eating it! ha ha Have a lovely New Year and may your New Year's wishes be fulfilled.

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh chocolate and shiny :D too tempting to eat it all rather than draw it. had to photograph the chocolate i got the day i got it since all i wanted to do was eat it :p

Jeanette Jobson said...

Rhonda, I'm not a huge chocolate fan to be honest and it could likely sit there for six months before I want any. So for me, its easier to paint it than eat it. Happy New Year to you, I hope you have health, wealth and happiness.

Jennifer, the props are safe with me. Said chocolate is still sitting on my studio table and likely will be this time next year too! :)