Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Sales

  
The Tragedy of the Commons - SOLD
oil on panel  5" x 7"

Whenever I clean out the studio, I get inspired about finding homes for paintings and supplies.  Now that I can see the floor and work surfaces again and have more room for a lot of large canvasses, I have launched a Sunday Sale on my Etsy site.

On Sundays during the year, I will offer original paintings or drawings at half price. While I do this large boat painting project I need all the space I can get and I enjoy others being able to purchase original art at affordable prices too.

To launch Sunday Sales, I'm offering The Tragedy of the Commons.  This little worried cod is my interpretation of the impact of the cod moritorium in Newfoundland and Labrador. The tragedy of the commons title is based on an economics theory by Garrett Hardin, according to which, individuals, acting independently and rationally according to each one's self-interest, behave contrary to the whole group's long-term best interests by depleting some common resource.


Keep an eye on my Etsy store on Sundays and see if you can grab a bargain for yourself or someone else.  Remember Christmas is only 129 days away...

2 comments:

PaintedSouvenirs said...

Your offer is very interesting! Hope you'll sell lots of paintings on Sundays.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks, its a way of making a little more space in the studio and making art affordable for more people.