Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Building takes time


I am still on a quest to rebuild my portfolio of animals - particularly dogs so that I can venture back into the commission business. It is slow going due to my lack of time that I am able to devote to it.

I have just provided my daughter with a drawing of her dog Jessie - a overly energetic labrador cross but a sweet dispositioned dog despite her energy level.

There seems to be a number of Labrador or Labrador-like dogs in my portfolio. I think the lines of them and other sleeker breeds are easier to draw. I find those little hairy beasts the most difficult with all that fur a challenge to find lines and form in. But I still try.

My goal this week will be to start another dog portrait to add to my collection (or hopefully someone elses). I have more than enough references and friends dogs to choose from...choosing and doing are two different things lately. Someone push me in the direction of my drawing board please.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: