Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Living in the moment

By nature I am not a trusting person, yet on the other hand I am too trusting, almost naievly believing that people I meet are genuine. Unfortunately, I still am left in an amazed state when people let me down for reasons unknown. I'm sure we are all like that to some degree. Some react more strongly than others. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle, and veer to the extreme from time to time.

Memory triggers more memory and even now I can clearly recall words or actions from years, tens of years ago and they come back as fresh as if it was minutes ago. I can recall every thought, word, movement, every expression passing over a face with clarity. That can have good aspects and quite bad ones too. So it pays for me not to think too hard or recall too deeply.

Maybe living in the moment does have its benefits, but I always cast an eye to the past and one to the future and sometimes miss the present.

No comments: