Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The three little pigs

I started transferring my initial sketch for the symbolic drawing onto a 22 x 30 piece of illustration board last night. I got the fish image on there, then didn't like how the other symbols tied in - or didn't tie in, so I'm rethinking their positions and if they should be something entirely different. Boy, this drawing is taxing my brain!

Today I spent two hours in media interviews, standing outdoors by lakes,, fighting with sound equipment that didn't want to cooperate and with the wind which liked to play havoc with the sound equipment. It finally all came together and I got the interviews done for local news stations. I hate watching myself on television so I tend to not watch if at all possible. Why is it we don't like watching ourselves or hearing ourselves? Do we have such a different vision in our heads of what we are than what is reality?

Today three little piglets came to the farm. Well, five actually, but two are destined for Gerhardt, the three will remain here to grow and become food eventually. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm used to having chickens and turkeys and geese as food animals, but larger animals seem more personal somehow.

I went into the barn to watch them, little pink and white bodies sleeping, snoring slightly. They are 6 - 7 weeks old and about 30-40 lbs right now. They seem exhausted after their day of adventure but I'm sure they'll adjust and be bouncing around tomorrow. Then I'll have some photos of them to post.

No comments: