Friday, December 21, 2007

Sketches

I haven't had much time lately to do any more than sketches here and there for personal art. I've been busy working on the masks and tinkering with slight changes to them. I've been waking early in the morning likely because I have a lot on my mind with work and other things, but it gives me a chance to draw at that time of day, so this sketch of a 1920s mother and baby fit the bill the other day.

I find it difficult to allot time for my blog these days and feel guilty if I haven't made an entry for a day or two, so I try to get at least three entries a week. I remind myself of why I created the blog initially. It was to make myself accountable and in that accountability, productive. Well the latter works, but often interrupts the accountability process in that I don't have time to write down thoughts or share processes all the time.

In a couple of weeks it will be my blog's 2nd birthday. That's a lot of writing and drawing and photographs - more than I ever thought I had in me. Its interesting to go back over entries and see life events unfold - illustrated life.

No comments: