Monday, December 10, 2007

A star is born

Iridescent Star
Coloured pencil on cardstock
Copyright Jeanette Jobson


When I wake up early, I'm usually very productive. And waking early is a by-product of getting older - at least for me. So this morning I was up at 5am, well before dawn, wrapping Christmas presents, making lists, drinking coffee and drawing.

There was a little iridescent star on the table that started as a sketch then kept evolving then turned into a Christmas card for someone. I don't send a lot of Christmas cards so a few sketched here and there act as surprises for those who receive them.

This star isn't symmetrical and isn't perfect, but its a star and considering it was created at 5am, not too bad.

3 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love works on black paper and this really stands out.....your right not bad for 5am, I am still in the land of nod at that time.

Robyn Sinclair said...

It must be a Morning Star! It's delightful and I'm sure the card will be treasured. Wish I had the discipline to get up when I wake at that early hour. Once up, I know it is the most magical part of the day.