Monday, January 19, 2009

Three heads are better than one



Dora
9 x 12 graphite



Joe
9 x 12 graphite


I did some portrait drawing from life again tonight. The class doesn't seem to be moving in the right direction, so I don't know if I will continue, however, I do enjoy the chance to draw faces any chance I get.

I was the model for one of the 30 minute poses and it felt odd being there again. I used to model a lot for artists years ago and can't remember body parts going numb quite so quickly as they do now!

Susan
9 x 12 graphite


These are approximately 30 minutes each. I was trying to do some simple value maps within a couple of them to see if I could translate them into more refined drawings later, but without the model in front of me, it would be difficult to do.

This last scan is terrible for some reason. A bit of light under the cover perhaps. And I can't be bothered to scan it again right now.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

These are just beautiful. I love your drawings!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Lindsay. I'll see if I can get better scans of them tonight. These were done late at night and I rushed.

Anita said...

Jeanette - you are really good at these. They are like little snapshots!