I knew I was approaching my 1,000th post, but hadn't realized that I had over run it by 23, well 24 now.
I originally started my blog as a way of making myself accountable to my art - to ensure that I would produce both artwork and writing. I also enjoyed the process of writing and sharing knowledge and life with others from around the globe.
The original purpose of the blog is still there and there have been many benefits along the journey.
- I have met hundreds of people that I would never have if I had stayed silent.
- I have pushed myself to explore other media, spurred on by others.
- I have participated in artistic groups and ventures, though done through words and pictures are as real as any local ones.
- I have honed writing skills and the ability to know what appeals and what doesn't.
- I can expect honest critiques of my work for which I am always grateful.
- I push myself to produce, share, market and build my craft because I know others are watching.
- I have left my fingerprints on the world.