Saturday, October 04, 2008

Another update

Heirlooms
coloured pencil 9 x 12
copyright Jeanette Jobson


I've added more layers and expanded the drawing. The Colourfix is reaching its saturation point in areas so I'm using a light hand and trying not to add more than I have to. I want to make sure the surface of the skin looks realistic and need to soften the highlights a little as well as work on the far right tomato and the leaf section of the bottom one.

I quite like using this paper. Its a unique support for cp and takes a little getting used to to be able to achieve the effects you want.

4 comments:

Kari Gibson said...

Oooh, it is coming along nicely now!

kay susan said...

I'm really enjoying watching this coming to life - love the colours!

Jeanette said...

Thanks Kari. Its interesting to see it take shape. It always amazes me.

Aren't they great colours Kay, these tomatoes?

Katherine Tyrrell said...

Next time maybe try using a solvent on the CP 'undercoat' and do a washy base. It's really interesting then to create on top of the base coat