Saturday, October 04, 2008

Another update

Heirlooms
coloured pencil 9 x 12
copyright Jeanette Jobson


I've added more layers and expanded the drawing. The Colourfix is reaching its saturation point in areas so I'm using a light hand and trying not to add more than I have to. I want to make sure the surface of the skin looks realistic and need to soften the highlights a little as well as work on the far right tomato and the leaf section of the bottom one.

I quite like using this paper. Its a unique support for cp and takes a little getting used to to be able to achieve the effects you want.

4 comments:

Kari Gibson said...

Oooh, it is coming along nicely now!

Grangry said...

I'm really enjoying watching this coming to life - love the colours!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Kari. Its interesting to see it take shape. It always amazes me.

Aren't they great colours Kay, these tomatoes?

Making A Mark said...

Next time maybe try using a solvent on the CP 'undercoat' and do a washy base. It's really interesting then to create on top of the base coat