Friday, April 21, 2006

Catching up


I've been absent for a couple of days in posting. I always feel a little cheated when days are missed when I read other people's blog. Its rather like having missing pages in a book.

Work and meetings have taken my full attention and have taken me away from drawing too. So I'm playing catch up today and through the weekend.

I did have time on Wednesday night to finish a sketch from Mending the Nets by Winslow Homer. I started with a pencil sketch then moved on to watercolour and some ink later. I'm not completely pleased with it because the faces are more ghoulish than those of young women, and also I cropped the image. I think I will redo it in full and see what comes out of it. I love watercolour but am certainly no master of it. When it does work it is indeed a 'happy accident'.

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

3 comments:

Making A Mark said...

Are these the paintings he did when he visited the UK Jeanette?

Jeanette Jobson said...

As far as I know this is one of his paintings done while he stayed in Cullercoats in the north east of England for a couple of years in the early 1800s.

I am still looking at more of his work and like his paintings during this time of fisherpeople.

Anonymous said...

Your blogg is very creative.
I'll "favor" it and come back from time to time.