Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It's here


At last my Moleskine sketchbook has arrived! I have searched endlessly to find one within Canada with little luck. I finally tracked one down on Ebay of all places and had it shipped from California. It has a story to tell before its even been opened.

Canada's inability to keep up with my needs is frustrating sometimes! I did find some Moleskines in Newfoundland but the store didn't have the sketchbooks and the price was about 50% more than I paid for the book I bought on Ebay.

So it is here and I sit and look at it and touch it and am almost scared to make a mark in it. I want every page filled with perfection. Why? I really don't know. But I do and that means giving some thought to what I put inside. I have lots of sketchbooks filled with all sorts of trivia, good and bad and I like to be able to riffle through them from time to time and see what I did and why and how.

I will finish a final drawing before I start in virgin Moleskine. It is an imaage I started as a line drawing and then completed in ink and coloured pencil.

Technorati tags: , , , ,

4 comments:

AscenderRisesAbove said...

Wonderful art here. your art technique was already perfect and the moleskin made it even more so; nice light touch!

Making A Mark said...

This is a lovely drawing Jeanette. Glad to hear you've joined the Moleskine fraternity - they're great with coloured pencil.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thank you. I'm testing my moleskine and it feels like drawing on butter. The pencil glides perfectly over the paper. How did I live without this previously??

Kathleen Pequignot said...

I've stumbled upon your lovely blog through Katherine's site I believe. What a treat. I'm happy to see that you've secured a Moleskine for yourself. I look forward to seeing more of your delightful art. :)