Monday, November 27, 2006

Little things


I finished a sketch of a friend's daughter and have been asked to do another child portrait before Christmas and have also started another drawing that was in this week's WetCanvas drawing thread.

The image caught my eye early this morning and may have promise, providing I don't work it to death. Its a bed and lamp on a bedside table and looks soft and inviting with lovely sunlight filtering across the pillows and on the wall behind it. I'm out of practice in drawing material folds and am finding it difficult to make them look realistic. I have started it in graphite but am wondering if perhaps it may be better suited to charcoal. Time is the deciding factor with me in most things. I could easily fit another 12 hours into each day and still never have enough time to do all that I want to do.

But there's always tomorrow...

2 comments:

Making A Mark said...

Jeanette - I like looking at how other people have treated similar subjects - why not go and take a look at Sally Strand's unmade beds (in oil)bearing in mind that it's the values which count re the sunlight.

Jeanette Jobson said...

I'll have a look at her work Katherine, thanks. Yes, you can only get light by contrasting it with dark. It always makes the whole concept rather magical to me.