Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thinking Blogger. Me?


Katherine Tyrrell of Making a Mark nominated me for a Thinking Blogger Award. I read Katherine's blog on a daily basis and she should be the original Thinking Blogger as there is never a day goes by without finding a treasure trove of information and food for thought on her pages.

I am pleased that I was nominated but a little puzzled too, as to me, a lot of my posts seem to ramble from nowhere and wind their way in and around art, animals, farm life and life in general. It is always pleasing to know others read my rants and ramblings and if it provides food for thought, then even better.

Now my task is to choose five other bloggers whose work makes me think and if tagged may feel that they would like to participate as well.

The Soul Food Cafe is the brain child of Heather Blakey, and is my resource for inspiration when I'm in one of those mental fogs that overcome most creative people at one point or another. Soul Food Cafe is full of ideas to make you think, talk and create. Its like being bombarded with ideas and colours and its wonderful. Writers and artists will adore it.

Paris Breakfasts is a lovely, delicious, artistic view of Paris by Carol Gillot. Its like sitting at a little sidewalk cafe watching the Parisian world go by while sketching it. There are glimpses into the French world that would never be seen - the inside world which is more intimate.

Gone to the Dogs is the work of Vicky Taylor Hood and is well written, humorous look at day to day life with a husband, a small child and 3 dogs. Vicky is in Newfoundland also, in the next town to me.

Wish Jar Journal by Keri Smith is another blog where I head when needing inspiration and thoughts to push me in the right direction to create.

The Artwork of Armin Mersmann. Armin is a gifted realist graphite artist with a flair for creativity. His portraits of individuals are inspiring and his symbolic drawings fascinating.
I have been lucky enough to take a class with him on WetCanvas and his guidance in portraiture creativity has been so valuable.

Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.

The participation rules are simple:

1.
If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2.
Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3.
Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Here is a little update on the drawing of Biscuit. I've been developing his face and fur and its slowly coming together. The background will be the challenge I think.

7 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

I love the look of this Jeanette. Very nice. I wish I had done one of our Golden KC while she was alive. I have done several of her but none as nice as this.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Jeanne, I get a little lost in detail at times in animal portraits, but I like that realistic look.

I'm sure your drawings or paintingns of KC do her justice. Your love for her is in it.

Anonymous said...

Very well deserved award, in my opinion. The drawing is coming along really well.

Anita said...

Your portrait of Biscuit is superb!

As to the thinking blog award - I can't say I am entirely surprised. Your blog is always a delight!

Making A Mark said...

Well said Anita - and I'm looking forward to taking a look at Jeanette's recommendations

Biscuit's looking very nice!

Terry Banderas said...

I enjoy your rambling. It all makes sense to me.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Dave, thank you for the kind words.

Thanks Anita. Now watch me screw up the background :)

Katherine, I just realized that my last choice wasn't a blogger. I may have to amend that later.

Terry, I'm glad that others can understand - or at least tolerate - my ramblings. Does that mean that we both ramble or both think alike? See? I'm rambling again...