Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ranier cherries


Ranier Cherries
Coloured Pencil 4 x 4 dark green cardstock
copyright Jeanette Jobson 2007

If one says "Red" – the name of color – and there are fifty people listening, it can be expected that there will be fifty reds in their minds. And one can be sure that all these reds will be very different. (Josef Albers)
I did this small drawing early this morning while watching the sun come up. My mind races early in the morning and I need to give it something to do otherwise it gets stuck on work and produces more stress. So I draw in the early morning if I wake then and find it is my most productive time of day.

I can see flaws in the drawing now. The cherries look more like grapes it seems, they are too round and symmetrical. Perhaps tomorrow morning will let me tweak it into a more presentable state.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Lovely Jeanette! Maybe I should try early in the morning, I'm up early enough. :)